We are excited to announce that BARP will reopen on Monday, June 22, 2020.
Effective from Wednesday, June 24, there are additional payment options for membership fees through any branch of SurePay on location. Payments can also be made on Surepay Online.
ONLINE PAYMENTS ONLY can also be made at First Citizens Bank, City of Bridgetown Credit Union, Public Workers Credit Union & MMoney.
Republic Bank is in the final stage of completing their online platform to accommodate our membership payments and an announcement will be shared when this is completed.
The Health and Safety of our members and partners is paramount and against this background we have ensured that alternative online payment options are available to ensure that our members STAY INDOORS.
Today I want to use this space to impress upon the children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews and godchildren that this is YOUR TIME TO SHOW HOW MUCH YOU CARE
Technology is second nature for you – assist your loved ones by making their online payments – let them STAY INDOORS.
INCREASE IN LIFE BENEFIT
The premium for our Life Benefit has been increased to $58.00 per year an increase of $18.00. The Board of Directors confirmed the increase following talks with our Broker Gallagher Insurance.
Our options were as follows; de-link and pay the annual premium of ( approx. $186 ) .
BARP remains committed to ensuring the health and safety of our valued members and will continue to monitor the current situation and make any further adjustments in the interest of our members.
As we adjust our Office flow to support guidelines from the government, we ask for your patience and understanding as we move through different phases of reopening and serving our membership.
Here is what you can expect from BARP during the first few weeks of reopening:
- Members will be asked to conduct business using a staggered payment method. Members whose memberships have expired up to April 30, 2020, will be asked to visit the office from June 22, 2020 to July 10, 2020, to renew their membership.
- Those whose memberships have expired during the month of May are asked to visit the office from July 13-22, 2020.
- Those whose memberships have expired in June or July can make arrangements to visit the office from July 3-August 7, 2020.
- This system would allow BARP to safely operate in adherence with the to the COVID-19 guidelines of social distancing and more importantly protecting our members.
- We have extended the amnesty for BARP Membership until July 31, 2020, giving members additional time to renew their cards.
- Parking will be very limited in the BARP parking lot.
- Members will be asked to use alternate parking on the outside without inconveniencing neighboring property owners.
- There will be two 20x20 tents placed in the car park to accommodate members who are waiting on the outside of the Office. Chairs will be placed 6ft comfortably and safely wait before entering the office.
- We have asked PomMarine Hotel to allow our members to park in the car park adjacent to the hotel during this period.
- Members will be required to wear masks while in the office. NO MASK, NO ENTRY!
- Temperature checks will be taken before entering the building.
- Hands will be sanitized before entry.
- Seating on the inside will be adjusted in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines.
- Opening times will remain 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Numbers in the office will be very limited and extra would be accommodated with seating under the tents in the car park.
- Security personnel will be on site to provide guidance.